Changing A Domain's MX Entry In cPanel
You can use the Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry) function to change where a domain's email is delivered. This allows you to have the email from one domain delivered to another domain.
- Point your browser to www.yourdomain.com/cpanel.
- If any security certificate alerts pop up, you can safely accept these. Our servers use a self-generated security certificate which keeps the data from the control panel secure when you visit it.
- Login to the control panel using your username and password supplied to you at sign up.
- Click the 'Mail' option, which is the very first icon.
- Next click the 'Modify Mail Exchanger' link toward the bottom of the page.
- Click the 'Change an MX Entry' link.
- Select the domain you wish to change the entry for from the drop box.
- Enter the new destination domain in the blank field and click Change.
- If the entry was changed successfully, the following will appear (except the domains listed will be the ones you are using):
MX Entry Saved
The MX entry for domain.com has been changed to domain2.com
The local mail configuration has been updated!